Applying for 2020-2021
All applicants must submit an intent to apply via email to the Taconic Fellowship Program Manager, Salvador Muñoz, at email@example.com with the subject line “intent to apply” and a brief (three-sentence max) description of your project, along with the name of your community partner.
The deadline to submit an intent to apply March 1st, 2020.
Applicants must submit a completed proposal in the form of a single PDF no later than March 16th, 2020.
The proposal must be in PDF format and contain the following information:
-A cover page listing the following:
- Project Title
- Community Partner
- Applicant information for everyone involved in the project, including:
- Title (or degree level if student)
- Email address
-Project Narrative (500 words max): a brief description of your project, including the issue the project addresses and the intended outcomes
-Methodology (300 words max): a description of how your project addresses the issue, including community engagement activities
-Scope of Work (250 words max): a description of the proposed activities and deliverables for the project. Please remember to include a proposed timeframe for all project components
-Letter of Support (1 page max): A signed letter of support from the community partner, on letterhead with contact information for the organization’s primary contact. This letter should explain how the proposed project aligns with the community partner’s mission as well as a clear partnership strategy.
-Budget (must use provided template): An itemized project budget detailing all project expenses. Please carefully review the budgetary considerations section for more information
-Budget Narrative (250 words max): a brief explanation of your project expenses. If your project is receiving additional support, please provide that information here
-Up to five images: If desired, you may include up to five images in support of your project
-CVs: Include a single page CV for each fellow associated with the project
- A budget template is provided for your convenience. Budgets submitted in other formats will not be accepted.
- Total project expenses should not exceed $12,000.
- Eligible expenses include, but are not limited to faculty and student stipends for time spent on the project, materials and supplies, space rental, and travel.
- Up to $4,000 of the total project budget may be used for supplies and related project expenses.
- Up to $3,000 of the total project budget may be used for community partner expenses.
- Faculty and Staff stipends are distributed through payroll, which applies the same tax and withholding policies for the Taconic Fellowship stipend as it does for regular faculty payroll.
- Student stipends are provided in the form of tuition remission applied to their tuition bill. If the student has fully paid their tuition and fees, they will receive a refund check from Pratt Institute.
- Project Expenses are distributed via reimbursement, following Pratt Institute’s reimbursement protocols.
- Funding will not be disbursed in any other method than those listed above.
- Applicants must disclose additional funding sources.
Before beginning your application, please make sure that you are available for all dates listed below. These dates are a mandatory prerequisite for the program; there are no exceptions.
- March 1st, 2020: Intent to Apply due
- March 16th, 2020: Completed proposals due. No late submissions will be accepted.
- May 1st, 2020: Finalist Interviews. Project leads must be available for a brief 30 minute interview on this day. Interviews will not be rescheduled.
- August 29th, 2020: Fellowship Orientation. This day-long orientation is mandatory for all fellows: failure to attend the orientation will result in a withdrawal of the fellowship offer.
Additional meeting dates in the fall & spring semester to be announced.
Questions? Please carefully review the FAQ section of the website. If your question isn’t answered there, please email Salvador Muñoz at firstname.lastname@example.org.