You can become an Energy Champion by referring people in your network to complete a home energy retrofit.
Here's How it Works:
- Refer your friends, family members, or neighbors who own a 1-4 unit residential building in NYC to the local community organization that serves their borough.
- The community organization connects your referral with a contractor in the New York Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program that also participates in the Energy Champions Referral Program.
- The contractor conducts a free or reduced-cost home energy assessment and provides your referral with recommendations on how to make their home more energy efficient.
- Your contact receives a home energy upgrade with at least one major measure (such as insulation, airsealing, or a heating system replacement) from an Energy Champions Contractor.
- The contractor will pay you $200 just for making the connection. Additionally, you get a certificate of appreciation, an online profile, and invitations to Energy Champions volunteer appreciation events.
Sign up today
The Energy Champions Community Organization in your borough will follow up with materials to refer your friends, family, and neighbors to receive a home retrofit.
Download a sign-up form as a .pdf
Participating Energy Champions Community Organizations:
With Support From: