Pratt Center for Community Development is currently seeking faculty in all Pratt Institute departments to design and lead programs to boost the marketing and branding capacity of local small businesses.
Pratt Center runs Made In NYC, a community of over 1,200 NYC-based manufacturers, makers, and entrepreneurs. Among other activities, Made In NYC provides member companies with technical assistance in branding, marketing, and business development through its Made In NYC Fellowship program, which leverages and deploys the creativity and expertise of Pratt Institute’s renowned faculty in workshops, seminars, and events geared to business owners
Pratt Center is accepting applications from faculty for Made in NYC (MINYC) Fellowships that will provide faculty stipends during the Spring and Summer 2018 terms. Stipends are available for academic departments and/or faculty that wish to engage in any/all of the following:
- Teach Spring 2018 design studios/courses that bring in MINYC companies as clients. For example, students and faculty in the Strategic Marketing class in the Design Management program have worked with 3-4 MINYC companies each year to create custom strategic marketing plans for their businesses)
- Conduct workshops and other forms of continuing education for business owners or employees around skill-building in social media, website management, business communication, brand promotion, etc.. For example, a professor in the Photography department is currently teaching a 3-part workshop series to equip manufacturers with basic photography skills for marketing, social media and online use.
- Provide direct services to a company with the assistance of one or more current students. For example, Pratt Institute student photographers and faculty have hosted photoshoots for MINYC companies to capture high-quality images of products that manufacturers can use in their individual marketing efforts.
- Undertake course development along the lines of Communications Design’s Design Corps course – development of syllabi to be timed to run as provisional courses next year
- Undertake course development for other types of courses with MINYC companies in mind
- Additional funding is available for administrative departments that wish to arrange internships or other programming that leverages Pratt Institute’s resources in graphic design, packaging design, social media, and market assessment; and the development of promotional materials that lead to services to help companies improve their marketing.
Two informational meetings will be hosted on Thursday October 12 and Wednesday October 18 for interested faculty. Breakfast will be provided.
What: Informational breakfast on MINYC Fellowship program
Where:Myrtle Hall, 3E Conference Room
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying which date you will attend.
To view or start your application, please download this form.
The deadline to submit forms is November 8, 2017.
If you have any questions about the Fellowship or application or to discuss potential applications with a Made In NYC staff member, please email Joanna Reynolds at email@example.com.